Website Expenses & Income
This website costs a bit of money to maintain. Keep in mind I've devoted countless hours without pay to this project.
I've decided to publish this page because I want to show exactly how much money I spend each year on this website, and what I plan to do with your money if you decide to tip or sponsor this website.
This site costs roughly $50/mo for hosting and the other software/services I need to produce content. Currently, we've been getting about $25/mo in tips.
- Yearly Expenses
- Hosting: $144
- FontAwesome License: $100
- Adobe Suite: $360
- Donation Processing Fees: $3.72
Total yearly expenses: $608.00
Total Income YTD: $60.66
- Donations: $55.00
- Subscriptions: $0.00
- Advertisements: $5.66
- AWS Hosting -$63: Started the year off with AWS at an average of $9/mo for Lightsail and Email from Jan through July
- Nixihost Hosting -$24: Switched to shared hosting to save on costs and time
- FontAwesome Pro -$99: Used for many of the icons on the website. Also using them for some custom icons added to the library.
- Adobe CC -$240: To design many of the graphics for the site and guides
- Snagit -$39: Screenshot software for easily annotating software guides
- JLex Comment -$29: The commenting system I use in the articles
- Office 365 -$99: To backup everything to OneDrive and occasionally write things
- ProWritingAid -$200
Total Spent This Year: $793.00
Income Summary YTD
How much I've received in donations and ad income so far this year. Last updated Sept 20, 2022.
- PayPal Donations: $80.00 from 6 generous tips
- Crypto Donations: $0.00
- YTD Advertisement Income: $29.44
- YouTube Income: $0.00
Total Income: $109.44
I'm not a fan of ads and I've tried to place them in an unobtrusive manner. If donations exceed the yearly spend, I will remove ads from the site. If you really don't like them, I'm not opposed to ad blockers.